Are you currently experiencing homelessness or about to? 

If you are experiencing a housing crisis call 1800 825 955  - free call number, open 24/7. 

Are you currently experiencing family violence? 

If you are experiencing family violence and require urgent assistance you should call the police on 000 

Otherwise you can call or go in person to your local police station to make a report. You can also get 24 hour advice, support and assistance from safe steps Family Violence Response Centre on toll-free 1800 015 188. 

 Are you looking for rooming house accommodation?  

HousingFirst's rooming houses are located in St Kilda, Elwood, Balaclava and Port Melbourne. 

Interviews and referrals for vacancies are conducted through Launch Housing in St Kilda.  Launch Housing operate the Initial Assessment and Planning service in St Kilda and are resourced to assess housing needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Please contact them on 9537 7711 or visit Launch St Kilda - 122 Chapel St, St Kilda VIC 3182 and to apply for community rooming house accommodation. 

Are you looking for long term housing and your primary income is wages or a salary?  

HousingFirst manage properties in St Kilda, Port Melbourne, Essendon, Parkville, Ashwood and Moorabbin, which services people on low to moderate incomes who are employed.  


All applicants must be over 18 years of age and meet the following criteria: 

  • Australian Citizenship OR Permanent Residency Status  
  • Currently live in Victoria 
  • Able to live independently 
  • Assets less than $30,500 per household or $105,000 for households requiring major or full disability modifications 
  • Stable employment history (at least 6 months) 
  • Income within limits (see table below) 

 Maximum Income Level

1 Person

2 Persons

3 + persons





How to Apply 

Read the above and email the following details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • Name of all adults requiring housing (over 18) 
  •  Date of birth 
  •  Current address 
  •  No and age of children (under 18) 
  •  Contact telephone number 
  •  Email address 
  •  Provide a copy of your latest payslip - you will be required to supply more information if eligible 

HousingFirst will assess your eligibility and contact you if a suitable vacancy occurs. 

Are you looking for long term housing and your primary income is a Centrelink payment? 

Please apply for community housing through the Victorian Housing Register: 

If you want more information on any of the above, please contact us to speak to one of our Customer Service staff.